The road to the world championships
Licensed by the World Coffee Events (WCE), this 3-day event aims to bring the local coffee community together as it cheers on coffee masters and champions that are making their way to the world stage.
The Philippine National Coffee Competition 2020 aims to unite, empower and nurture the Philippine coffee community through friendly competitions (National Barista Championship, Philippine Latte Art Championship, and Brewers Cup) abiding by WCE rules and regulations. This is a landmark event wherein the community, regardless of affiliation, has decided to come together for one goal, that is to find and support the national champions that we can send to the world competitions as the official representatives of our country.
In addition to being able to witness the competitions, inside the PNCC venue, you get to have a taste of various coffees at the Brew Bar prepared by coffee retailers and shop owners. On top of that, there will be an exhibition of several booths featuring their array of specialty coffee beans, machines, and brewing equipment. Panel discussions and talks from leaders of the coffee industry, as well as previous national champions, will also take hold of the stage to discuss significant topics related to the industry and its practices.
Where: Mega Fashion Hall, SM Megamall,
Doña Julia Vargas Ave, Mandaluyong, 1555 Metro Manila
The PNCC working group
The PNCC working group seeks to carry out sustainable, professional, and WCE standard competitions in a timely manner, in order that the Philippines may have skilled national representatives, who embody the Philippine coffee community’s values, for the WCE competitions.
- Operations & Training Manager, Commune
- Co-founder, Latte Art Philippines
- Member, International Women's Coffee Alliance
- Founder, Pinoy Barista
- COO, Conlins Coffee
- Licensed Q grader since 2013
- Judge, various coffee competitions
- Founder, Coffee Heritage Project
- Faculty Coffee Science Center
- Coffee Specialist, SGD Coffee
- Coffee Advocate, Coffee Science Center
- Coffee Manager, EDSA BDG
- First Philippine Representative for the World Barista Championship
- Co-owner, Clean Beach Coffee
- Chief Extractor of Coffee, Commune
- Events & Marketing,
International Women's Coffee Alliance
- Coffee Roaster
- Social Media Strategist
- Coffee Concepts Specialist
- Independent Consultant
- Master Barista & Espresso Chef
- WCE/WBE Calibrated Judge for National Barista & Latte Art Competitions
- Chief Educator, Institute for Coffee Excellence
- Certified Q Arabica & Q Robusta Grader
- Certified Scentone Flavorist Instructor
- Head Coffee Roaster and Barista Trainer, EDSA BDG
- Champion Barista
- Co-owner, Clean Beach Coffee
- Business Development Director, UCC Philippines
- Director, Philippine Coffee Board
- Honorary Secretary, ASEAN Coffee Federation
World Coffee Events
World Coffee Events (WCE), meanwhile, is an event management organization registered in Dublin, Ireland, which was founded in 2011 by the Specialty Coffee Association.
WCE have been mounting events like the annual World Barista Championship, the World Latte Art Championship, and the World Brewers Cup where we’ll be sending our country’s representatives to compete this year.